Wi-Fi is being increasingly applied in education, for example, for digital learning devices, student management systems, guest access, etc. But what does a Wi-Fi network entail for the management, security and continuity of information in your school or university?
Advantages offered by a Wireless Network in Education:
- Access everywhere to the students management systems
- Students and guests have easy and fast access using their own laptop, tablet PC or smart phone
- Access for authorized users only
- Scalable and future proof
- Video conferencing
- Demanding applications such as the streaming of audio and video and VoIP preferably over a 5-GHz band
School and University Wi-Fi References
Wireless LAN offers many advantages to educational institutions of all types and sizes. See, for example, the story from the Academic & Research Network of Slovenia, the German HLW Haag, the Meridiaan College in the Netherlands, the Cheltenham Ladies’ College, or the private university WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management.
WLAN Consulting is an initiative of LANCOM Systems. LANCOM Systems is a leading German manufacturer of wireless LAN technology based on industry standards.