Wireless LANs and mobile soltutions are also being used extensively in the retail sector. Wireless LAN can offer many advantages for chain stores. Information from the warehouse that is updated real-time in the ERP system via wireless Internet, fast outdoor wireless connectivity between buildings, and the use of wireless bar code scanners that make stock information immediately available.
The Advantages of Mobile Solutions for Retail:
- More efficient working because of the real-time connection between hand-held devices and the ERP system
- Wireless bar code scanners
- Maintenance and laying of cables is no longer necessary
- Direct processing of current information from the shop floor and from the warehouse
- High security through encryption
- VPN and cellular VPN
- Connections between buildings
- Additional option: Electronic payments via UMTS/3G/4G if the ADSL/ISDN connection is lost
References in the Retail Sector
WLAN Consulting is an initiative of LANCOM Systems. LANCOM Systems is a leading German manufacturer of wireless LAN technology based on industry standards.